Add buoyancy to Jetfins?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The benefit of no holes, is that you can carry water in your fin pockets from the spring to your truck and use the water to then rinse off the mud/sand from your turbosoles or rockboots.
Or, you can use them for drinking water and mixing MREs like we used our Kevlar helmets in the Army.
Maybe we need a list of 10 things you can do with a Jet Fin besides diving.

Maybe we need a list of 10 things you can do with a Jet Fin besides diving.

10 would be too short of a list IMO... I can probably list 10 just on my own!

1. Hammer
2. Bucket
3. Umbrella
4. Cup
5. Dish
6. Mouse trap
7. Oar
8. Fly Swatter
9. Fan
10. Table Tennis Racquet...

The Jet fin is the Swiss Army knife of fins! :)

Well, Dove the slipstreams the other day. LOVED em'. I am still a little foot heavy, but I think that may be a technique issue. I will keep working on that. As for the slipstream: fantastic frog kick! Just really simple and pleasant to operate. A slightly larger footpocket than the jetfin allows a bit more comfort for my feet. Nice fins! Selling my Jetfins :)

Well, Dove the slipstreams the other day. LOVED em'. I am still a little foot heavy, but I think that may be a technique issue. I will keep working on that. As for the slipstream: fantastic frog kick! Just really simple and pleasant to operate. A slightly larger footpocket than the jetfin allows a bit more comfort for my feet. Nice fins! Selling my Jetfins :)

When static, are you bending your knees and pulling the fins up and behind you? As in the resting stage of a frog kick, which I assume you are frog kicking? If I keep my legs outstretched my Jets pull my feet down but if I pull my lower legs up and back, I remain head down or at least horizontal. Just a thought, might not be the problem here.

N

I don't like jetfins in my wetsuit, only use them with my drysuit. I've heard of several other people who went to slipstreams for diving wet.

Nemrod,
I believe you are exactly right. I am tending to keep my hips loose and get an acute angle at my torso, which tilts me feet down. I'll keep working on it.

I say this with complete tongue in cheek, but you could try putting camera float straps on your ankles? :D

not so tongue in cheek. I've actually wondered about trying this! I have the same issues as the OP, foot heavy no matter what. I've almost got it corrected, but it is NOT effortless. I've thought about filling the extra space in my foot pockets with expanding foam and tying pool noodles to my ankles! I know, don't fix a skills problem with gear, but the idea has crossed my mind.

Nemrod,
I believe you are exactly right. I am tending to keep my hips loose and get an acute angle at my torso, which tilts me feet down. I'll keep working on it.

Think about keeping a little arch in your back, not a lot, just a little tightening of your glutes. That will help keep you flat from chest to knees, and then you can bend your legs as much or little as you need to balance out.

Think about keeping a little arch in your back, not a lot, just a little tightening of your glutes. That will help keep you flat from chest to knees, and then you can bend your legs as much or little as you need to balance out.
Hey RonGoodMan and Nemrod...I have been off the board for a looong time, but just stumbled across this post today. Almost 4 years later...Yes, arching the back and keeping good posture during the dive goes MILES in fixing little issues like the "footdown" issues I had when posting this. Nowadays (3 plus years and 1 hundred or more dives later)...no issues :) Basics are SOOO important! Thanks for the tips back in my earlier days!!!

I can't take credit for this one. The effect of good posture on trim was something TS&M was always pointing out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom