Adapter to fit WWL-1 on my housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Problem finally sorted. For future generations, here is the deal:

First, I finally realized that the bayonet converter that came with my (used) WWL-1 was a 77mm, not the 67mm size that I need for my housing. It also has the red plastic lens release tab broken off, and Nauticam says it's not repairable, So, I ordered a Nauticam M67 bayonet converter. I also ordered the lens release extension that attaches to the bayonet converter, so you can still remove the lens when the WWL has the buoyancy collar installed. Used bayonet converter was $35. Lens release extension was $20. When I bought the lens, it was understood that I was buying the lens and extras like the bayonet mount were extras that the seller would throw in if she could find them. So, I have no grounds to complain. It was a good price on the lens, regardless. And I never thought to ask the size, so it not being a 67 was totally on me - and wouldn't have mattered anyway.

It still had the problem of the Nauti bayonet converter needing a threaded flange to be sticking out from the front of the housing. A Google search finally brought me to an old thread, right here on SB. That thread had a brilliant idea which I employed and it worked out perfectly.

I had an extra M67 red filter for my housing. I popped the lens out of that and screwed it into my housing.

That provided the perfect threaded flange for the Nauticam bayonet converter to thread onto. There are 2 threaded set screws on the bayonet converter that I think Nauticam refers to as locator pins or something like that. On a Nauti housing, the pins would fit into slots at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions on the front. I positioned them there and tightened them to grip the empty filter holder using a 1.5mm hex wrench.

Once that was on, with the lens release extension attached, the WWL goes on and off perfectly.

Using an M67 filter as the connector from the Meikon housing to the Nauticam bayonet converter was the key. So glad some other SB'er thought of that years ago and posted the idea here!

Back
Top Bottom