Adapter to fit WWL-1 on my housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this is a long shot, but...

I have a Meikon housing and I just got a used WWL-1 with the bayonet mount fittings.

My housing has M67 threads on the front, but the bayonet mount does not fit. The front of the housing is flat and it appears that the bayonet fitting expects a short, narrow flange to be sticking out the front of the housing, with the M67 threads in it.

Does anybody know of an adapter fitting that will thread into M67 threads and stick out as needed for a Nauticam M67 bayonet adapter to then screw into that?

Basically, it would just be a very short ring with M67 threads on the outside on one side and on the inside on the other side.

Actually... I have one of those that I have been using with the Meikon dome that I have been using.

I didn't think of trying to use that with the WWL-1. It might. But, the issue there is that the WWL-1 is a LOT heavier than the Meikon dome. And that Howshot adapter is strong enough to hold the Meikon dome on (with the 2 little flanges it has, to help). But, I would have about zero confidence that it would hold the WWL-1.

The first time I used the Howshot, I handed my camera up to boat crew, climbed the ladder and went to my bench. A minute later, one of the mates came by with my dome and asked "is this yours?" It had fallen off or gotten knocked off and they saw it floating right at the back of the boat. Thank goodness! I rigged it with a leash after that. And, of course, it didn't fall off again.

But, like I said, the WWL-1 is so much heavier, I would be VERY reluctant to trust that Howshot adapter to hold it.

Hopefully, somebody has an adapter that will let me attach the Nauticam bayonet mount adapter to my housing.

Yes, that is my housing.

My issue is that I have a Nauticam bayonet mount setup (for the lens side). I would like to be able to find a way to use that.

But, I emailed Backscatter and they have now suggested to just buy the AOI quick release pieces for both side.That looks like it will work. $150 and I can sell the Nauticam bayonet mount piece maybe.

I've solved your problem in the past by combining a step-up ring (for example, 67 to 72) and a step-down ring (72 to 67).
You should be able to get these at ACE in Ashburn, or of course off the web.

I've solved your problem in the past by combining a step-up ring (for example, 67 to 72) and a step-down ring (72 to 67).
You should be able to get these at ACE in Ashburn, or of course off the web.

Ah HA! Thank you for that!

Does that not position the WWL-1 too far away from the camera lens?

Also, what is ACE?

NEVER MIND. Found Ace.

Ah HA! Thank you for that!

Does that not position the WWL-1 too far away from the camera lens?

Also, what is ACE?
I don't know how much leeway you've got on the WWL-1 placement. I've got the Nauticam bayonet on mine, and use it with the mating bayonet on the 12-50 (Nauticam) Macro port, or the much smaller (35mm?) port for my 14-42 zoom.

Back
Top Bottom