Actually saw IP decrease before lockup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Today I saw a reg where IP decreased before lockup. It was bouncing back to 150 after a purge and then settling at 130.

Bounce? I'm guessing that this could be simple hysteresis in the gauge. Is it oil filled? Oil will dampen any fluctuations thereby reducing hysteresis to an acceptable level. Of course, I'm assuming that you aren't hearing any hissing from the second stage.

Today I saw a reg where IP decreased before lockup. It was bouncing back to 150 after a purge and then settling at 130.

Where is the air going to let it drop back to 130?

I'm guessing from Lex's post this is not uncommon with Atomic?
No, never seen it but I was thinking it could be some weird action with a sticky seat in the second but more likely a sticky piston or something in the seat.

Up at 0200 to go dive today, just got home so I may not be thinking clearly.

I'd like to see a video of the gauge movement. Or at least a detailed description of what it's doing. Obviously, if there really is 150 PSI in the IP chamber and hoses, and it decreases to 130, that air is leaking out somewhere.

Either gas is leaking out or something is moving enough to allow the gas to expand slightly. My first inclination would be to check the cracking pressure on the second.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom