Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So great to see us "seniors"...lol, still very active and involved. I got certified after moving to FLA from Colorado...56, diving for 24 yrs...so far all Florida...natural and artificial reefs, a few real wrecks, central Florida caverns. No tech/ cave or cold water experience, although when I first started diving I was mildly interested in technical diving and just never pursued it. I would like to do some diving out of the US, so Mexico, Bahamas, Islands etc, makes sense due to the proximity to FL. :clearmask: Guess I will always be a WWD! Thanks for the replies!

55 and still doing some pretty serious technical dives on a regular basis. Here is my summary from my 2022 Dives:

This is the summary of the stats for 2022:
  • Total Dives = 134
    • Rebreather Dives = 100
  • Deepest Dive = 293 feet (Deep Throne)
  • Average Max Depth = 139 feet
  • Longest Dive = 5 hour 21 minutes
  • Total Dive Time = 6 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes
Regards,

- brett

61 years old. Started diving 33 years ago. I went diving 15 days in January, and 20 days in February, this is typical for the last 4 years. Mostly do beach dives near home , I live 25 minutes from Blue Heron Bridge, and 60 minutes for LBTS. Occasionally go out on a charter. Went to Bonaire in 2021, and have the Flower Gardens scheduled for August. For me its all about fish and critters. 4285 REEF surveys, and top observer on three different projects in Inaturalist, plus I post a lot of dive reports here on Scubaboard.

75 years old certified in 79. Mostly Great Lakes and Newfoundland wreck diving with some vacations in the Caribbean. With the significant increase in gravity I have noticed over the past couple of years I am switching to side-mount with LP 50's replacing my back-mounted HP130.

I was certified in 1987 at age 32. Um, I already forgot your other questions.

Attached pic is of me attempting to exit a local quarry this past summer. I kept stumbling, much to the delight of my daughter. She grabbed her cell phone instead of assisting her dive buddy! Brat!

rx7diver

Quail_Run_Quarry_20220710.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom