Acoustic Diver Signaling System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwistedGray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Do you think their is any commercial value to this?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...dc527547f15b7efc3c92493f456&tab=core&_cview=0

For those who don't want to read through all the jargon it's basically a system that is used to get the divers back to the boat. It sends out an acoustic ping that the diver can head up to xxx meters away from the boat.

For what's already out there, the cost is anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000.

It sends out an acoustic ping that the diver can head up to xxx meters away from the boat.

For what's already out there, the cost is anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000.

How far is xxx?

How much does your system cost?

How is this better than just taking a 5 pound lead weight and knocking it on the ladder? I have been on a handful of dive boats that have done this, and it has seemed very effective, in my limited experience.

Well, as pollywogg said the use of a weight against the ladder is very effective and there's already several ways to call back divers, this at no cost:

- knocking a weight against the ladder
- using a pole to hammer it on the floor of the boat (when metalic floor)
- spinning the engins while on neutral
- the "duck" system (the gadget using the direct sytem and the air from the tank)
and so many others.....

And considering the actual economy I doubt many charters will buy this gadget.

Its like reinventing the wheel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom