Accommodations near Divi Flamingo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed at Capt Don's a few weeks ago. Same time last year was at Divi. All in, I prefer Capt Don's mostly due to location. Better reef and no cruise ships. Dive shops are comparable. There are more divers at Capt Don's then Divi. Neither has a beach. Both have kitchens if desired but are upgrades. Walked past Sand Dollar a few times and checked out one of the apartments. In 2020 we are likely going to try the Sand Dollar or Den Laman next door.

We're staying in an apartment with a kitchen at Divi Flamingo. We did an unlimited shore diving package and it includes a rental car for 12 days. Divi's got the only craps table on the island. Diving, craps and then stagger home sounds like a winner to me.

Jason

Divi has one of the best diving operations on the island. Serge runs a tight ship and has amazing dive masters. One of the best Dm is Laurel. Unfortunately, Dive timeshares are gross, They are run down and literally falling apart and are moldy. The resorts security doesn’t care that local teenagers go around the gate, by the water and open the gate by the street for their friends and use the timeshare pool as their own playground.... partying, drinking, playing music and getting loud....and even the young drunk girls were taking their shirts off. I I called security a few times and they did nothing. We actually packed up after the first week and went to another resort. Very sad since their diving staff are top notch. I spoke to someone via private message and her and her husband had a similar experience there and will also not returning.

We are planning to go to Bonaire over Christmas 2019. We have stayed at both Divi Flamingo (2014) and Capt Don's (2017). The wife wants to go back to Divi Flamingo because she really liked their house reef, but I was not a huge fan of their available rooms as I really like to have a kitchen. So I am wondering if there are any VRBO/AirBNB places close to the Divi dive operation? I guess the other question is can you use the Divi dive shop if you are not staying there (i.e. dive lockers, tanks, ect.) Thanks!

If you like

Thanks for the warning about the timeshares at divi flamingo. I was able to switch us to a deluxe ocean view room. Phew

Jason

I stay at Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments every year. They have a WannaDive dive shop on site and the diving right in front is great! Found a Blennie this year. The apartments are simple, but got everything you need including kitchen. Great staff and housekeeping, location is perfect!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom