accidental photography ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
I loved your slideshow! About halfway through there's a shot of some purply egg looking things.....are they eggs of some sort?
Yes ... I think they are kelp greenling eggs ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's a cool picture bob... I like it when you're shooting 1 thing, and end up with something else alltogether.

NWGratefulDiver:
I have still not ever actually "seen" a candy stripe shrimp ... but I did manage a pretty nice photo of one, don't you think?

So much for my reputation as a critter finder ... :browsmile ... looking at the photo I have to wonder how I could "not" see it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would make it a point to carefully check the base of every snakelock you find. In Port Hardy last September I only saw one candy stripe, which a guide pointed out. This August I saw dozens, under probably 2/3 of the snakelocks I looked at (that's Browning pass though). With their near-transparent bodies they practically vanish if you move your light (or flash) away.

Brian

bwh6:
I would make it a point to carefully check the base of every snakelock you find. In Port Hardy last September I only saw one candy stripe, which a guide pointed out. This August I saw dozens, under probably 2/3 of the snakelocks I looked at (that's Browning pass though). With their near-transparent bodies they practically vanish if you move your light (or flash) away.

Brian
Well, that would explain it ... not only do I move my light away from my subject, I almost alway have to wave my buddy's light off the subject as well. Otherwise, my LCD screen shows nothing but white, and I can't see what I'm shooting.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom