accident at whitecliffe park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man was found unresponsive at the surface after being seperated from his group (last seen by his friends u/w at 25 ft). He then suposedly had a faster than usual ascent for reasons unknown. Was breathing but unconcious and brought to the beach, O2 administered then was handed off to EMS who met a helicopter on the hwy which took the man in question to the chamber.

Anyone have any info (other than the media) about what happened to the guy at Whytecliffe Park Wed night June 16th ? Something about a heli evac ?

that seems odd. Why would they move an accident to a local section of the board?

I have yet to hear any more info on this accident other then what you've told me already sharkmasterbc.

According to the activity log, this thread is where it was first made. Maybe a mistake on the originator? We can move it there, and I will do that.

According to the Vancouver Sun today, he was a 65 year old diver from Kamloops, and had some sort of medical problem on the surface. The paper reported that it wasn't due to any malfunctions with his dive gear.

According to my count that makes five deaths this year in our waters.

What is wrong here? I haven't followed accidents closely in the past. Does anyone know how many occured in years past? Is this a normal accident rate? I hope not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom