accident at whitecliffe park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry:
I didn't say you were wrong. I was clarifying who the "buddy" was. The ambulance driver was told 60 feet for 30 minutes when he shot up.

The information was given by the divers to the ambulance guys. It was passed on to me by one of many Wednesday night divers at the park who was there when the diver was loaded in to the ambulance.

Doesn't mean I am right either. It is just information that was everyone had witnessed to at the site. A closer look at the dive computer can still proof me wrong.

Henry

I was just curious, as I was at the site (but in the bay, not the cut) that evening & got slightly different information. I am not clear on which is correct or not, but yes, his son was indeed one of his buddies.

We just had fatality at Octopos city. Nobody is saying anything. Just that he surfaced and gave the standard OK then said OH F--k and the went under. He was solo diving and others tried to get to him fast and the EMS responded fast but he did not make it.

DD

So if some one dies of a heart attack are you saying that doing CPR till somebody comes is not a good idea? I was told that a dead is only as dead as the first responder because if you keep it pumping and the 02 is circulating then all is good for some time. That is the point of CPR is too give the person time for a defib to come or what ever. When I read that as a semi older diver I almost had a heart attack.

Diving is as safe as you the diver is responsible if you don't feel good leave the water simple.
Cheers
DD

wolf eel:
We just had fatality at Octopos city. Nobody is saying anything. Just that he surfaced and gave the standard OK then said OH F--k and the went under. He was solo diving and others tried to get to him fast and the EMS responded fast but he did not make it.

DD

If you are talking about the accident near Saltry Bay last month here is the link. There wasn't too much information on it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t59611.html

Just wanted to say I live at Saltery bay and their was a little more to it and nobody at present can or will talk about it. It is true he may have been caught in a mooring line may have. It is also a thought that gear may have played a role it is also thought he may have had a heart attack. My buddy was the attending paramedic he has said nothing. As for the heart attack thing I think I may have one also when my time comes and if it is underwater the stress of having drowned would induce this I think. It's just too easy to say heart attack as fear may cause it. And panic.

Cheers
DD

wolf eel:
Just wanted to say I live at Saltery bay and their was a little more to it and nobody at present can or will talk about it. It is true he may have been caught in a mooring line may have. It is also a thought that gear may have played a role it is also thought he may have had a heart attack. My buddy was the attending paramedic he has said nothing. As for the heart attack thing I think I may have one also when my time comes and if it is underwater the stress of having drowned would induce this I think. It's just too easy to say heart attack as fear may cause it. And panic.

Cheers
DD

This is way off topic but I may go diving in your area for the first time this year. Can you recommend good dive sites at the top of Texada and near Nelson/Hardy Islands?

Oh yea

We have loads of places to dive. Have you ever dove the mermaid yet at all ? It is at 60' the mermaid is made of bronze 18' tall loads of life hang around. she has a sister in the Caymon islands. Then the Malahate is a old steam ship sits around 75' with sea lions, wolf eels and huge lingers. We have all kinds of places every point here is an excellent dive full of life :D Our viss today was about 80' just awesome 120+ in the winter. Is their another place to chat about this ?

Cheers
DD

wolf eel:
Oh yea

We have loads of places to dive. Have you ever dove the mermaid yet at all ? It is at 60' the mermaid is made of bronze 18' tall loads of life hang around. she has a sister in the Caymon islands. Then the Malahate is a old steam ship sits around 75' with sea lions, wolf eels and huge lingers. We have all kinds of places every point here is an excellent dive full of life :D Our viss today was about 80' just awesome 120+ in the winter. Is their another place to chat about this ?

Cheers
DD

I moved everthing to this thread. Hope you can give me some dive site tips.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=674033#post674033

lepawsky:
What are the 4 fatalties in 2005, please.
Welcome to the board doc. Hope you plan to stay around for a while.
I have only heard about 3 fatalities in BC this year. This thread is a year old and does not relate to the most recent fatality. It is here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99808

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom