Accident analysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
You wrote the water was 47 F. You must be crazy! :D

Yep!

And loving every minute, well most minutes, of it!

AD is crazy and was diving dry. Len and I were diving wet. What does that make us?
PTN

paulthenurse:
AD is crazy and was diving dry. Len and I were diving wet. What does that make us?

Suicidal. :D

You New Englanders can tolerate cold a lot better than deep dixie divers. :wink:

TheRedHead:
Suicidal. :D

You New Englanders can tolerate cold a lot better than deep dixie divers. :wink:

That's because we have no choice in the matter - get used to it or don't dive!

I was up in your neck of the woods at Christmas and everything was frozen so I assume you don't dive in the winter. Someday we going to visit the SIL in Keene during the summer and do some lobsta diving. Just got to get that drysuit...:)

Actually, we do dive in the winter. I've only had my drysuit for a year but my club has at least three organized dives during the winter. We do the following: a Christmas Tree dive on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (where an electrically lit tree is sunk in the afternoon at Nubble Light and retrieved after dark while thousands of people watch), a New Years Day dive and an ice dive (on a lake of course),

We don't do too much winter diving since a lot of us also ski. (We get to wear those fleece undergarments on the snow and under the water as well.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom