Accessories for the Oly. c-5050 PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can only tell you what I have as I haven't used anything else with this set-up.

I have ULCS digital tray and handle. I like the handle - very comfy and my lock-line arms fit nicely on top. I really like the flexibility of the lock-line arms and will probably get more parts for my second arm should I decide to add a second strobe.

I have the INON WAL type 2 I think. Great so far!

I also have two INON 165 macro lenses...I have only used a single lens once so far, but expect to put a lot of time in with them in Cozumel in 9 days!!

Before you buy more lenses I would get really comfortable with what the camera itself can do, then add lenses. I added the WAL first but only because I knew that the "lens fairy" was getting me the macros! Macro is my favourite so that is my bias...the 5050 does a great job in macro and supermacro mode, but I want to explore stacked macros etc. I find that I am liking the WAL, but for the shots I like and diving I do, sometimes it is a bit limited. Mostly I use it for some shots on a dive and it sits in my pocket for the majority.

HTH

I got a Fisheye Tray with Locline arm plus two extensions from Yuzo at www.uwdigitalcamera.com and I'm really pleased with the cost and the flexibility. Very lightweight but robust and corrosion free. Re lenses: the Inon range seem to be the highest quality but I've seen some very good comparisons where the Epoque lenses also fared well. Re Strobes - I got the Inon d180 and it seems to be the best bit of gear I've ever attached to a camera! Very well designed - compact but bright with a handy built in focussing light and a great fibre-optic set up that filters out the cameras internal flash (minimising backscatter) and conserves the camera internal batteries by fooling it with a pre-flash from the Inon d180! If all that seems a bit complicated...well it is..but it works beautifully.

Wiggsy.

I started with a Fisheye tray and changed to the ULCS digital tray, the straight handle is more comfortable to me. Just personal preferance.

I love my loc-line arm. I've been using them for about 6-7 years. I've tried the ULCS, and S&S but always come back to my bendy arms!

I love my S&S WA 'L' lens. But it's the only one I've used so I'm biased!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom