Accessories for C5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelphelper:
Mo2vation,

Is this the right lens armor? The webpage says it is compatible with 5060 (but does not mention 5050).
Raynox RT5248 Lens Adapter

What if we do not use external flash for land shots? Would you still recommend that particular lens armor?

Also, who has a quick release strap for the 5050? I cannot stand the tedious process of replacing the strap after removing the camera from the housing, but if I ever drop the camera I will never hear the end of it!

I'll have to wait until I get home to get the precise one I ordered (as there are two on the page...) from these nice people. It may have been this one.

I would recommend NOT getting lens armor that flares... i.e.: 41 - 52mm, etc. Get one of the straight barrels and you will have no problem with strobe blackout. I already had filters and lenses from a previous rig that fit the flare...

K

kelphelper:
Also, who has a quick release strap for the 5050? I cannot stand the tedious process of replacing the strap after removing the camera from the housing, but if I ever drop the camera I will never hear the end of it!

I made my own quick release strap from the one that came with the camera and a couple of what I think are called eye hooks. There was a post approx. 3 months ago that discussed this and gave me the idea. I can't find it now, but assuming my current ear infection clears up, I'll be on the Encore next week for Chamber Day. I'll show you how I did it when I see you then. In fact, I think I had some extra hook things (the pack of too many to know what to do with was something like $2), so if you're lucky and I can find what I did with them, I'll bring them along so you can do it yourself.

saf_25:
...assuming my current ear infection clears up, I'll be on the Encore next week for Chamber Day. I'll show you how I did it when I see you then. [Snip] I'll bring them along so you can do it yourself.

Cool! Even if you cannot find the little guys, I hope you are able to make it. I have high hopes for a great day!

Back
Top Bottom