Accessing Dive Info on the UEMIS SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank so much dirkhh.
I know you are not a Windows expertised. In any case your work is great.
The attachment contain the file directly downloaded from SDA.
I don't know how to get XML file from uemis web site.
Please can you help me ?
View attachment 99099

Of course.

First - as expected, it's the case of the extension that trips up my code.
Bad coding on my part, I'm afraid. I'll fix that in the next version.

For now, if you rename your files from diveNNNN.sda and divelogNNNN.sda to diveNNNN.SDA and divelogNNNN.SDA (with 'SDA' instead of 'sda' as extension) then the parser should in theory work for you.

As to getting the corresponding XML files from the UEMIS website. Go to myuemis and log in. Then download these two URLs (so open them in your browser and then tell the browser to save the files localy):

http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/37613/divelog
http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/37613/dive

The number '37613' in these two URLs is the 'remote_object_id' of your dive. Whenever you extract a diveNNNN.SDA file from the dive computer you can simply look at that file with any text editor and search for lines that look like this:

<val key="remote_object_id">
<int>37613</int>
</val>

(this is about line 13-15 or so of that file). The number between the 'int' tags is the remote ID that you need to use in those URLs to get the corresponding XML files from their server. These files are only accessible to you, the owner of the SDA - that's why you need to log in, first.

Let me know if you need more help.

BTW: you posted dive 1 which is the dive that is 'preloaded' on the SDA. It's your actual dives that are much more interesting to look at... so dives 2 - 500 (or however many dives you have). And again, just a few of those would be great to have.

Thank so much dirkhh.
I know you are not a Windows expertised. In any case your work is great.
The attachment contain the file directly downloaded from SDA.
I don't know how to get XML file from uemis web site.
Please can you help me ?
View attachment 99099

You can also use Diving Log to download the XML files from Uemis: New myUemis web sync « Diving Log Blog
You will find the XML files after the sync in C:\ProgramData\Diving Log\Uemis

You can also use Diving Log to download the XML files from Uemis: New myUemis web sync « Diving Log Blog
You will find the XML files after the sync in C:\ProgramData\Diving Log\Uemis

This is awesome and should help everyone who is willing to send us data to help improve the offline extraction code.
- myuemis.jar will give you the .SDA files (please remember to use uppercase 'SDA' if you want to process them yourself)
- divinglog will give you the files from the UEMIS web site

That's all I need - I can obviously create the parsed XML files myself.

Just for reference. So far I have received exactly ZERO help from anyone here, i.e., not a single person has sent me the data files covering a dive they've done (I know, longi is trying to do so - but so far he's the only one).

Last edited:
It's amazing how much work has been done in so little time! Congratulations to everybody working on the offline sync!

Now that you've got a better understanding of the code, will we see in the future a 2way sync for the SDA? (unless I missed something, I'm on mac so I can't try Divelog)

I tried to create the files with mac a few days ago by following the instruction in this thread but it did not work out so far... I will give it an other try this evening. Would it be possible to get more detailed instructions how to do it? I am surely missing some steps between the lines who are maybe logical for you... but not for a non frequent teminal-applicaton-user.

My particular question is, where are the extracted files stored after your applet has finished? It indicates that the applet has run successfully but I can't find the new files...

I would really like to support you in your efforts for the Uemis community... (great work!)

Wow, it seems like a heck of alot of progress has been made. Thanks so much to the folks that have put the time and effort into this. I ran the script (Mac) and it seems to have worked ok, except it got hung on Dive 9 and the Uemis hung in Sync mode. I broke out of the script and unplugged/replugged in the Uemis and was able to finish transferring the dives. Here is the archive of dives 1-10. I can get 11-20 if you decide you need them.

View attachment dives1-10.zip

Wow, it seems like a heck of alot of progress has been made. Thanks so much to the folks that have put the time and effort into this. I ran the script (Mac) and it seems to have worked ok, except it got hung on Dive 9 and the Uemis hung in Sync mode. I broke out of the script and unplugged/replugged in the Uemis and was able to finish transferring the dives. Here is the archive of dives 1-10. I can get 11-20 if you decide you need them.
So this is something that I have run into myself as well. Sometimes when you extract a lot of dives in a row it seems to hang the SDA - it stays on the syncing screen but doesn't respond to attempts to access it via the USB filesystem. In that case you need to eject (unmount) the file system, unplug the SDA from USB, wait a few second and plug it in again. For me that solved the issue every single time.

Thank you so much for sending the first ten dives. We'll use them to validate our tools - we are still trying to decode a couple of the values so more data will be extremely useful.

I tried to create the files with mac a few days ago by following the instruction in this thread but it did not work out so far... I will give it an other try this evening. Would it be possible to get more detailed instructions how to do it? I am surely missing some steps between the lines who are maybe logical for you... but not for a non frequent teminal-applicaton-user.

My particular question is, where are the extracted files stored after your applet has finished? It indicates that the applet has run successfully but I can't find the new files...

I would really like to support you in your efforts for the Uemis community... (great work!)

I'm sure you are right - it's sometimes hard to really capture "step by step" what needs to be done if you are so deeply "inside" of it.

Help me understand where you are stuck.

1. You have the zip file that I posted (LocalDownloadTest.zip) and unpacked it somewhere:
unzip LocalDownloadTest.zip
2. You cd-ed into the directory that was created
cd ./LocalDownloadTest
3. You edited the .sh file (any Mac editor should do - TextEdit is fine)
Tthere are three variables that you need to edit:
user=
pass=
uemispath=

The last one is where the SDA filesystem is mounted, almost always /Volumes/UEMISSDA on a Mac.
4. Then you ran the script
sh ./check-dives.sh 11 12 13 14 15 16

This should create in your current directory the six files per dive...

If you tell me where in this process you get stuck I'm sure I can elaborate.

Hello dirkhh

I managed to extract a dive, hopefully successful... are you able to check if it is of any use for you?

View attachment 99203
Are you SURE that you have the matching uemis.xml file? The reason I'm asking is that the files don't correspond at all.

Looking at the files I'm thinking that you may have packaged the wrong *.uemis.xml files...

The dive number and object id that are used by the SDA and by our tools is the one that's in diveNN.SDA - in your case
<val key="object_id">
<int>30</int>
</val>

Strangely, the object_id and dive number in the corresponding divelog file is one bigger than that, so it should read
<val key="object_id">
<int>31</int>
</val>

So the same should hold true in the xml files:
dive30.uemis.xml: <dive_no label="Dive Number" nativetype="int">143</dive_no>
divelog30.uemis.xml: <dive_number>30</dive_number>

Can you see the problem? Given the SDA files that you sent me I would expect to see:
dive30.uemis.xml: <dive_no label="Dive Number" nativetype="int">30</dive_no>
divelog30.uemis.xml: <dive_number>31</dive_number>

Am I making sense? Can you try to find the correct two uemis.xml files?

Back
Top Bottom