Abyss Voltrex Orbiter seconds are they all really the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timakempton

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been looking for a second hand Abyss I know the Voltrex is the same but what about the Orbiter a friend offered to sell me one of his he said it's the same reg with a different face plate, is this true? If I buy it can I replace the orbiter face with an abyss one and have it fit with no problems?

Yes, it is true. I had the V16-Orbiter a very long time ago. The mesh face plate is easily damaged. I replaced it with the plastic Voltrex/Abyss face plate, as I did not want the delicate mesh grid dented. The Orbiter second stage was sold a long time ago. I do not know if that specific face plate is still available from Mares.

mares covers.jpg 2nd stages are the same. In fact, most Mares 2nd stages are mechanically similar

Thanks for the info, you have definitely clarified the situation for me.
Steve is that scan from a catalog? if so can you let me know the company?
Thanks

Thanks for the info, you have definitely clarified the situation for me.
Steve is that scan from a catalog? if so can you let me know the company?
Thanks

lol, the company is mares! the graphic came from their MARES LAB training seminar- you wont be able to find it anywhere else

I have been looking for a second hand Abyss I know the Voltrex is the same but what about the Orbiter a friend offered to sell me one of his he said it's the same reg with a different face plate, is this true? If I buy it can I replace the orbiter face with an abyss one and have it fit with no problems?
Does anyone know the difference between the Voltrex etc. class of second stage and the older MR12 second stage ..I think it's just the exhaust valve is bigger in the newer one ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom