About used equipment-where are good places to look for used items?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victoriawtx

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Does anyone have a suggestion for site(s) to look for used equipment? I know there's ebay and I have asked a few LDS. But they aren't selling much of anything right now. Is there a diver's classifieds anywhere? I am on a tight budget being in school, so it's going to take a lot of saving on my part to purchase everything. I don't need to look pretty, just have it be functional. LOL

thanks so much
Victoria

Look at the bottom of the page and you see 'Scuba Classifieds'. Clink on it and it will take you to Aquatrader.

I know you said you've looked at Ebay before but for what it's worth, keep looking. I've found some great deals on Ebay for used equipment in great shape. e.g. Dive Rite Super Wings, only 3 dives on them for $175. Highland Mills 2 inch wide double tank bands with bolts for $75. 40 cuft stage bottle with DIN valve for $100. You just have to check it every day to see what's posted.

Scott

In my area one of the dive clubs has a scuba flea market every October as the dive season winds down. There's both used gear and stuff the dive shops want to get out of inventory, presumeably because they're concerned they might have to hang on to it until the following spring if they don't. Some of the dive shop specials are close to and sometimes even less than half of the normal price. Wetsuits in particular seem to be a popular "inventory reduction" item. And used wetsuits in decent shape can be had for around 20 bucks and up. Lots of used gear changes hands at these things.

I'd be surprised if there's not something similar in the Austin area. Unforunately, I doubt that this is the time of year when there would be one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom