? about Quick-Disconnect for Versa-Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasteve03

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought my first dive computer. After research I decided to get the Oceanic Versa Pro. When I went to the shop, they were out of the normal Versa Pro's but offered to sell me a Versa Pro with Quick-Disconnect for the same price. Sounded like a good deal, but my question is "Is this Quick-Disconnect a quality component?" I doubt I will use it that much, and I'm afriad it's just something else that could go wrong. Any opinions?

If you have the chance, test one in the shop. Unscrew it about 1/2 turn under pressure and see what happens. On some QD's the valve in the QD will shut of to prevent air loss but will also trap air in the SPG hose creating the potential for you to get an erroneous and optimistic tank pressure reading.

That is the primary thing that can go wrong and something to guard against and check for in a pre-dive check.

I don't think you bought the Versa Pro. It's non air integrated. Did you mean the Data Max Pro?

iscuba,

the Versa Pro does come (optional) with a Quick Disconnect even though it is not air integrated. I know because I have one. It is just a replacement hose (two piece) for the hose that goes to the pressure gauge.

You could probably use the Oceanic quick disconnect hose on some other SPG's, but don't quote me on that. (I do also have a QD on my Aeris Atmos backup computer, but Aeris and Oceanic are "closely related").

Just the facts,

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom