??? about quality of reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudvr

Registered
Reaction score
My dive buddy hooked me up with a bunch of gear (lucky me!!), and I was hoping to get some input about the regulator setup. I have a Sherwood Magnum II first and second stage, US Divers octo, and a Dacor dual console with depth guage and pressure guage. I was hoping to get some thoughts on the quality and such. Thanks

I'm too new to this to be an epert but here goes.

I have a friend myself who gave me a Sherwood Classic reg and Sherwood first stage.

Do what I did and have the equipment inspected and repaired if needed.

My donated gear is fine and I'll get to use it as soon as my console arrives and is tested as well.

You should be very happy about you new toys, but first make sure they are in good working order.
1 When was their last service?
2 Sheerood has a very unique dry bleed system, there is a black plug on the 1st stage, with tank pressure there should be a slight bubble stream or bubbles when you spray with soapy water. if not get it serviced!!
3 Finally look at the octo where the hose enters, are there any small or large cracks in the plastic housing??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom