About drying neoprene boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Gear Aid Revivex Odor Eliminator for all of my neoprene. It’s the same stuff that used to be McNett Mirazyme. Been using it for years and swear by it. It simply works. I soak my neoprene in it overnight after a trip and let it air dry. No stink. Ever.

GEAR AID Revivex Odor Eliminator, All-Natural Formula for Tents, Footwear and Sports Gear, 10 fl oz
Just ordered some. Thanks!

Pack 'em full with crumpled newspaper after they've air dried.

I've built this dryer after a thread here in SB a long time ago.
It blows fresh air, no heating.
It's built with a 110 mm 220 Vca computer fan.
It takes something like 2 hs to dry a boot.
It has 4 tubes for a pair of boots and a pair of gloves.

Attachments

• IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 69
We hang boots upside down to drain any residual water for at least 24hrs. We then pack them with newspaper to let dry for 1 or 2 days depending on weather. We use the garage heated air.

I use Gear Aid Revivex Odor Eliminator for all of my neoprene. It’s the same stuff that used to be McNett Mirazyme. Been using it for years and swear by it. It simply works. I soak my neoprene in it overnight after a trip and let it air dry. No stink. Ever.

GEAR AID Revivex Odor Eliminator, All-Natural Formula for Tents, Footwear and Sports Gear, 10 fl oz
It arrived on Thursday. Dove this morning and then tried it on my boots. I remain hopeful!

Nothing beat newspaper. Changed it everyday and the wet paper can be used again after drying(naturally).
Same treatment to my trekking/walking boots.

This what I do too, but I'm not against then turning them over on a heat register.

That said, divers in warmer parts may not have heat registers or reason to turn on the furnace if they do.

I only travel to dive so it's newspaper for me and invariably, they've dried before I get home. I will add, that the crumpled newspapers will already have been changed a time or two before going into the suitcase with fresh paper.

Paper towel works too but not quite as well.

Lay boots on a towel on their side making sure the ankle is open all the way. Aim a fan at them, preferably one of the turbo ones. Works welll

Back
Top Bottom