AB Biller / SeaHornet Spear shafts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPENDERGRAST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if Biller / SeaHornet use the same shafts? There is a guy about 2 hours from me practically giving away 4 shafts that are the same size as the new SeaHornet I bought. I don't want to drive that far if they won't fit though.

Thanks

I think Chad's right on this one. I ran across a guy at my LDS and his Biller shaft did fit my gun.

I went with a Seahornet Magnum 52 set up to freeshaft (hybrid shaft) with the quick line connect system. I ordered a kill package, but plan on installing it myself since I got it from a seperate vendor at a real good price.

I used it for the first time yesterday in a lake, and was definitely overkill for 6 foot viz, but I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend on the oil rigs.

Attachments

• SH 52.jpg
    SH 52.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 122
  • SH 52.1.jpg
    SH 52.1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 112
Jp,

Nice gun! Definitely not a real dirty water gun, although you can thumb shoot it like like a pool que. I'll always keep my 52, had it for decades.

The hybrid is a good spear, I'd just be careful with big pelagics, as they can bend it.

Biller notches are tapered more because they bevel their wish bones, but they still work and everything else on the spear is essentially the same. Biller distributed Sea Hornet for about 10 years or more back in the 80's.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom