AAA Diving Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryochek

Registered
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this operator?? Website mentions they own and run their own boat service which is appealing and some others will just work from a chartered boat. Any recommendations for best operators mid Feb would be appreciated.

Worth staying on Oahu or traveling to another island. Would like to get some more advanced training whilst there also.

AAA diving one of my favorite operators. Alex has the best vessel, IMO. His captain, Chris is former Navy salvage diver and also excellent. He is mellow and Alex is not....but he is hysterical if you like that kind of thing...(I find him very entertaining) Think Ozzy Osburn crossed with Johnny Dep in Pirates of the Caribbean.

They have some exclusive sites that they have installed moorings on.

He sometimes uses Kirsten, who is an independent excellent instructor....

Many operators do not have their own boats (true) and are subject to the changing plans and priorities of the owners.

Oahu is great for wrecks. AAA diving does not do South Shore very often(Hawaii Kai area) There are some fantastic dives on this side.....I would use Aquazone for that, if I were you. Calm, professional competent. Also in control of their own boats and schedules.

Second that but check your air from AZ, there had been some isssues awhile back. Yes, it's well worth travel to other islands esp if you don't like crowds.

Aloha Kryo!

West side diving is epic! Just between yesterday and today saw spotted eagle rays, white tip, monk seal, octopus, tiger cowries, frog fish, helmet shells, etc.
Be sure to call Captain Bruce Scuba Charters. They do daily wreck and deep diving followed by a shallow dive at some beautiful lava caverns.

Best company on the island (in my never to be humble opinion) for consistency, friendliness, and great diving.

I'll second Captain Bruce. Favorite Boat, Favorite Crew in my experience. or Capt. Joe Nori Z on the South Side(Hawaii Kai).

all great...we all agree.

Back
Top Bottom