a85 any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
can anybody give me tips ho to use this camera underwater and would like to know who has taken pics with it that i could see ..thanks

Have been using A80 for a year, its a great camera. It does function better with an
external strobe rather than the built in one. I also use some of Inon' lenses to com-
plement the camera. Have a look in my modest gallery, most of these shots were
taken in poor vis. The main drawback I have found with the A80 is the LCD screen
which is a bit small, the A85 has a larger one as does the A95 which I have just brought.

One other tip for using this camera underwater -- get the submersible housing from Canon... your camera is not waterproof without it! :)

thanks...guys i need to know how to use this camera underwater..do i use program ,auto,scene? any help would be apreciated..

There are many other threads askings similar questions. Read through this board and you will find plenty of tips. It is best to shot in manual but it all comes down to practice.

Best tip I can give is get close and then get closer. By doing this you will get both more colourful and sharper images. Check my gallery for examples if you like I had the previous version of your camera (the a70 - basically the same just 1 less megapixel)

Manual manual manual - learn how it works and why...it isn't too hard, just takes a little practice! You'll do great.

Practice with the camera in the housing before you head off on holidays/diving. Know thy buttons!

One word about getting too close - remember that the camera has a minimum focussing distance, too. This is how far you have to be away from your subject for it to be in focus - the Canons are pretty good in the regard, but, again, practice on land to get a feel for that zone!

Threads on any of the Canon A series will help you and threads on any getting started techniques for any camera system will also be applicable more or less - you'll just need to tailor for your camera.

have fun!

Back
Top Bottom