A Year In Bali / Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I plan to live for a year in Bali starting July 2016, and we have plenty of GREAT info on diving in Indo (thanks to you guys :) :cheer: ). We certainly want to make our way to the Phils a few times for some great diving there. I would love to get some suggestions from you experienced divers for "where" and (very importantly) "when".

We have about 150 - 200 dives, so we're still learning. We like easy diving. Of course we love to see the big stuff, but we seek to avoid strong currents if we can. We stay less than 100 feet deep. We are not photographers! (We take a few pics here and there just for ourselves, but for us, the diving is not about the photos.) In terms of resorts, we don't want to throw money away on unnecessary luxuries, but we're are the stage where we do need creature comforts: aircon, good meals, easy on and offs, short boat rides, etc. We're in our 60's but we exercise regularly.

With the help of some of you we built a great plan for Indo diving, and we definitely want to get over to the Phils a few times in our July 2016 to July 2017 year. We would usually go out of Bali for 2 - 3 - 4(max) weeks at a time.

We know of a few places (really just names so far) but it's particularly hard to get the straight story on WHEN to go there. Please help us add detail to our list so we choose between them, select the best times, and/or add places to consider.

Thanks in advance!

DAUIN / DUMAGUETE

PUERTO GALERA

ANILAO

SIQUIJOR

ALONA BEACH

CEBU:

MALAPASCUA

CABILAO

OSLAB

DAUIN

We have heard good things about Sea Explorers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom