A weighty issue.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zeagle Tech, love it, love my wife also. She bought me 3 AL80's, I dive with a drysuit. With a steel LP 80 I hang about 34 to 38 LBS in the pockets and on the tank. Yes I'm still a new diver so I'm working on my weight. With the AL's I plan on adding about 5 to 8 MORE pounds on me. Now, where can I add all this weight, my pockets are full to the point of exploding. Sorry Scott, but I am looking at a DUI weight harness. When is Zeagle going to create a weight harness? Any ideas? :idk:

You should be able to squeeze 70 lbs in the tech.

I got 25 in each front and 13 in each rear.

Thats just crazy. . .

The first time I put weight in the back I turned turtle and looked like even more of a dork. I will just keep stuffing the pockets, thanks.

I agree linedog.
I had the same thing happen.
I only use the rears to 'trim' a side for balance.
Maybe a pound or two.

But I guess if you have 50 front lbs off setting the rear weight you would stay right side up.

I have been stuffing 30 lbs up front, 15 each side, a 2 lb ankle weight around my tank yoke, then the rest in the trim pockets in back. I will see if I can stuff the pockets at home better than at the site in the back of my truck. I am thinking of making two 17 lb bags for each side, total of 34 lbs. Then just trim the rest as needed.

Those front weight pockets are designed to hold about 18 lbs per side. (depending on the style of weight you are using). Soft weight works better.

We don't have any plans to add a weight harness to the line at this time, because honestly, there haven't been many people asking for one...

Trim weight pockets are for trim weight....Add to much and, well...you've already seen what happens. :)

Thanks all, ok then, 18 pounds it is. That cranks me up to 36 lbs, 2 on the yoke, 38, 2 in each trim, 42 in all. Looks like I might have to squeeze a touch more into the front. Diving this Saturday I'll let you know how it works out. Scott, I thought of a harness because it's a pain to lift the Tech up off one tank then to slide it over the next tank.

I have a Zeagle Tech, love it, love my wife also. She bought me 3 AL80's, I dive with a drysuit. With a steel LP 80 I hang about 34 to 38 LBS in the pockets and on the tank. Yes I'm still a new diver so I'm working on my weight. With the AL's I plan on adding about 5 to 8 MORE pounds on me. Now, where can I add all this weight, my pockets are full to the point of exploding. Sorry Scott, but I am looking at a DUI weight harness. When is Zeagle going to create a weight harness? Any ideas? :idk:

I suggest you sack the Al tanks and switch to HP 100s. I was able to drop 7-8 lbs with this change and the weight of the steel tank is nicely distributed over your torso.

Adam

I suggest you sack the Al tanks and switch to HP 100s. I was able to drop 7-8 lbs with this change and the weight of the steel tank is nicely distributed over your torso.

Adam

That is what I would do as well, personally...however, that might be a hard sell to the wife who just bought them - and who knows how much $$$ would be lost in the resale.

However, if the dive shop would exchange them for steel tanks, I would certainly look into that option!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom