a week in the Red sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to be so provocative, I actually like the Welsh Team and you stand a better chance in the 6 Nations now that out Capt. the 'Mighty Martin' has announced his retirement.

I think Wales will make great runners up
:)
Allan

Aquamore:
I think Wales will make great runners up :)
Allan
I think the french will have something to say about that!

I think the French will continue to have something to say until they start test driving their own cars and guilotines, plus maybe take a turn to fight in their own Foreign Legion.

All said in the best possible taste of course

Aquamore:
plus maybe take a turn to fight in their own Foreign Legion.
It's amazing, the number of "Belgians", "Swiss" and "French-Canadians" in the FFL ... (note for U.S. readers: French citizens are not allowed to join the French Foreign Legion unless they're officers.)

Of course, speaking of rugby, that would translate as

Lèche moi, lèche moi, la boîte à caca, la boîte à caca.
Lèche moi, lèche moi, la boîte à caca, la boîte à caca.

(Okay, I prefer 'Cwm Rhondda' any day, to be honest ... Y'know, why can't a game last, say, 35 minutes? Or be decided only on tries ... Or ... What was the name of that Wik ... Welk ... Wileksohn ... what-ever-his-name chap ...)

FW

I think the only reason you northerners know anything about rugby at all is because of all the South Africans you've bought in to teach you the game! Gregor Townsend has even emigrated to play for the Sharks in the Super 12 this season, perhaps the 6 nations is for girls?

chuckle,
Dennis

Ok, where shall I start?

In the end we went to Dahab. It has lived up to its name on SB as being laid back and easy on your nerves. Not the usual masses of tourists as I'd expect in Sharm (have to admit I've never been there).
The town has quite a few good sea side restaurants and bars. And the guys trying to convince you that their establishment is THE place are friendly enough that they leave you alone when you tell them that you have other plans.

The diving is ok, 'couple of really good spots (Bells/Blue Hole, Islands, Canyons), but marine life was limited to smaller fish and almost microscopic critters. It all seemed somehow 'less' than what I've seen further south in the Red Sea.

Would I go again? Probably not, but that's mainly because there's so much that I haven't seen yet.

Would I go if I hadn't been there yet? Definitely.

Great to see more Europeans on this site! Lets keep it going. Have you checked out El Gouna, Egypt. Theres a friend of mine down there, Tom and Doro from Blues Brothers diving. Cool diving and friendly people. www.bluebrothersdiving.de Not as dived out as Hurghada.

Back
Top Bottom