A week in Phuket late Jan/16; dive Similans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can only agree with nudisusie...

Go straight to Khao Lak and do your diving and snorkeling. 2 days/1 night or 3 days/2 nights should do it. There are several good companies and some have already been mentioned. Wetzone, Sea Bees and Similan Diving Safari is just some of them. When booking your dive trip make sure you tell them, that you have a snorkeler with you and ask how the snorkeling is at the specific dive site and how it's done (snorkel guides, equipment, what to see, visiting islands, etc).

Then head down to Karon and chill out for a few days. I would actually go to Rawai or Kata beach as I find them much nicer. Diving at Phi Phi Islands and especially Shark Point won't give your wife much of a chance of snorkeling, if any at all.

If you like to make her happy and at the same time go diving, then go diving around Racha Noi. Several companies offers this option - one of them is Sea Fun and another Sea Bees.

Chalong circle is a mess in the morning and late afternoon and with the construction of the under pass combined with one of the most busy periods of the season - well, things just takes longer.

I would avoid going diving at Koh Bon and Similan from Phuket if you have another option. There is a 1 1/2 - 2 hour transfer time each way and allthough diving is very good, with the traffic and waiting time, I think you waste your time.

Happy holidays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom