a thread specially for rjjj111

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swisstrav

Contributor
Reaction score
just to lazy to go through all your threads and questions. so i honor you with your own thread.

7107 islands and 21 days vacation - simply impossible

first make up your mind where to enter the philippines. want to visit those places mentioned in the north, subic, pg and donsol. then enter via manila.

if you can skip that, enter via cebu and you have gained a day already.

good diving you will find in:

malapascua
thresher sharks - nitrox is a help. it can take a few dives to see them. also chances of manta. gato island also very good. all together good for 4 to 7 days
sandy beach, bounty feeling, some party though restricted
prefered stay for me: sunsplash second row, but good rooms and nice restaurant

moalboal
no need to visit unless you go for diving ih the shadow all day long. pescador is nice but who gives you guarantee re schools?
no beach, cheep place to stay. good for drinks in the evening.

cabilao
some of the best diving found in the phils
forget about big stuff. critters, stargazers, nudies and and and. nice walls with the reef top in degasing depths :D ideal......
good for weeks
something for the lonley traveller. a book might help. no party but good for cold beer and conversations in the evenings
i would stay at the polaris

alona beach
good diving but not outstanding. overall good mixture. balicasag, snake island housreef and also cabilao is possible as a day trip
divewise 4 to 7 days
nice little beach. all settlements are in the palmtrees. i understand accommodation is expanding not for the better of the place!
but good for party in the evening. no disco! but uups-bar and safety-stop are sure hits.

dumaguete/dauin
it's like pg everybody speaks about dumaguete but it is dauin where the action is.

value for money as mentioned before, el dorado resort. you have the best house reef in the area, boat trips along the coast and almost daily trips to apo.
here again along the coast mainly critters and small stuff. apo is good on a sunny day with no clouds. would not dive it on a overcast day - waste of money!
divewise 4 to 7 days
sandy beach in front of the resort. kind of vacation feeling. exceptional good food at el dorado. nice pool with bar 24/7. guests mainly form germany and switzerland. that means conversation could be somewhat restricted. hit and miss
free shuttle bus to dumaguete during day and evening. owner of the resort runs also a disco in town. can't remember the name. musicbox???

sipaly
also on negros
on my to do list

southern leythe
on my to do list

if you decide on the visayas a good possiblity would be sea explorers. they offer what they call island hopping. they have dive shops on all the locations mentioned and offer internal transfer by banca and car.
I personally don't like them, to expensive, to arrogant, just to swiss!!!
but for your needs could be the right thing.

from cebu just catch a flight to davao
yes, aparently you have been diving there before. so it is you to deceide on additinal dives. i would choos the other dive shop :cool2:

still some days left? go to gensan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom