A Suspicious Brown Package Arrived Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Day 5, 4 more dives, over 3 more hours underwater. Several dives on the north side with a final dive during a storm on the east end. Ready to head out and party with no blisters, sores, or ulcers. Lot's of surge on that storm dive, and a fun swim chasing the boat back at the top.

I wondered again today when I was gearing up on the boat if an "SD-2" with the same blade, but with the traditional force fin pocket and a bungee strap would make an ideal travel fin.

Deco Martini, ready for you to try the SD-2,3, I have model's with day-glow strips for night diving and Search and Rescue. This is the beginning of the pizza age fins, what topping would you prefer, a more colorful lace, inside comfort zones for barefoot, softer material for those light weights, or the ballistic material like your using. The combination's of changes opens new doors for the professional. Like to know where your staying? Best, Bob

How about a model that doubles as a DirectTV satellite for travel to countries with terrible cable systems then?

Staying at Compass Point here one more night.

Last two dives this morning, and I am still ready to run a 5k after 3-4 dives per day, over 3 hours in the water per day, diving rebreather, diving deep, diving in surge, diving in storms, diving upside down, backwards, forwards, sideways, frog, back, flutter, legs crossed, etc, etc......

This afternoon I have a trip to stingray city, which I don't really consider a dive, but we're taking an el cheapo fun cam with us and taking some pics.

This morning someone slipped and fell instead of making their giant stride trying to get down a step at the back of the boat. Seeing that made me appreciate that I can walk easily in these fins. You have a a lot of mobility using a backplate/wing and force fins. You can don your gear, walk around the boat and get a cup of water, walk back, down the water, pass your cup, and take a giant stride in. You don't feel confined to sit in your gear and simply wait to get up and walk in.

In some ways, these fins strike me as being like expensive work boots. The straps, the pocket material, the cord, they feel like you can dive them in the easiest diving there is with plain boots and then slap on heavy duty boots, adjust, and go weld something underwater.

I did not get a chance to try to kill a lionfish with the SD-1 on this trip unfortunately.

I am sad to report, a stingray fornicated the left fin during the stingray city dive.

Kidding. While we were on the boat, on older gentleman with twin jets next to me asked if I got good propulsion from such a small fin. I answered in the affirmative, but it did get me thinking about how much fin there is with the SD1. When compared to the twin jets the guy was wearing, it appears smaller but the channel between the fins and vents off the foot pocket actually make the amount of fin hitting water about even.

That's it for my dive tests for the SD-1, hope you enjoyed the commentary. The part where I walked off the boat without the fins was actually real. I blame the weak coffee here.

668193687_HebRN-L-1.jpg

Here I am using the new stingray DPV with the fins on.

Deco , thanks for sharing all the cool photo's and to Fed Ex to another tester. This must always be the brown paper box experience..? Best, Bob

FedEx delivered a strange package last week, just as I was leaving for the DUI DOG Rally...

Box.jpg

My wife commented on my new footwear from Doc Martin, I mean Deco_Martini...

Footwear.jpg

They added a little pizazz to my otherwise vanilla collection..
Vanilla.jpg

I must say, they performed fabulously in the little diving I was able to squeeze in. I outfitted over 100 divers last weekend, which left me somewhat exhausted. If I never put another zipseal in place...

Without these fins, I wouldn't have made it in the water. Negotiated with the wife, and if I get rid of one set, I can get these :D I'm going to miss my Gorillas....NOT! Sorry I didn't get any in-water pics, but no one else was getting in the water after 12 hrs of outfitting or leading others.

Gonna try to talk my wife into letting me shore dive tomorrow... :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom