A slip & ouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJ O'Dwyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two weeks ago in Roatan as I was to step off the boat A wave came & I slipped going into the water. My left leg calf muscle area hit the side of the boat and OUCH. :( The dive went okay with a little pain in the muscle, nut could not stands on it when I got back to the boat. As of this writing it is still sore. I can walk okay but cannot run. Figure it is a severely bruised calf muscle as the 12 yr. single malt scotch as not helped. but I will keep self medicating!!:D

No wonder it still hurts, you should be using Maker's Mark!

Chivas.....

TJ O'Dwyer:
Figure it is a severely bruised calf muscle as the 12 yr. single malt scotch as not helped. but I will keep self medicating!!:D

Try the Macallan 12 yr. old. If that doesn't relieve the pain, step up to the 18 or 25 y.o., as necessary.

:D Scotch = vitamin S. It's quite beneficial in the healing process

TJ O'Dwyer:
Two weeks ago in Roatan as I was to step off the boat A wave came & I slipped going into the water. My left leg calf muscle area hit the side of the boat and OUCH. :( The dive went okay with a little pain in the muscle, nut could not stands on it when I got back to the boat. As of this writing it is still sore. I can walk okay but cannot run. Figure it is a severely bruised calf muscle as the 12 yr. single malt scotch as not helped. but I will keep self medicating!!:D

just guessing here but bet you were diving on the south side.........right????.....

Actually we had just left Half Moon Bay and were heading for Cocoview.

Unfortunately my Medical insurance does not cover McCallen 18yr or 25yr. I still have 2.5 lires of 12 year medicine to finish. And the price for the 18 / 25 would cover the cost of 15- 20 dives.:rofl3:

Keep up the self medication.
Find a sports physiotherapist.
Have some more painkiller (Glenmorangie preferably)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom