A Scuba Deals Website?? Would you be interested?

Would you shop from a daily SCUBA diving equipment bargain site?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. After thinking it through and looking at the responses, I will not be pursuing this venture right now. Considering the economy, etc it just does not seem feasible right now. Thanks for your input and happy diving!!

Funniest thing I think I've noticed about this pole is who voted on the last option.

Option4: I would NOT visit the site or would not be interested in it.

The two votes for this option are a dive shop that would have to compete with it and an equipment manufacturer who I assume wouldn't want his equipment being sold on a discount site as it would cause pricing issues at his other dealers, which is understandable. Interesting though huh?

PhilEllis :
Rick, just out of curiosity, name one manufacturer that would do anything to shut them down.

Phil Ellis

Well... without naming names... I have herd 2 different manufacture reps at my LDS make it clear that if they could make LP go away, they would.

I think I know what you're saying, Phil. Could be the actual manufacture is quite pleased to have LP peddling their gear. Which might be different than what a rep would say outloud to a LDS owner.

My statement may have been in error, now that you bring me to the table. :D

I think you are both very correct.

Leisure Pro moves more gear than anyone else. Any manufacturer would want them moving their gear. they might not want it price discounted so they don't have to deal with those issues, but they dont' want them to quit either.

I've often found it funny that LP isn't the authorized dealer for many brands of gear, but that on many of the brands they sell at MAP pricing regarless of not being an "authorized dealer". IF they didn't have some "agreement" in place, why would they comply with MAP pricing? hmmm.... just goes to show how much is really going on 'under the table'.

Mike I completely agree with the MAP pricing comment. I would really like to know how much product LP really moves, i bet it is crazy. They are even selling on ebay now and their feedback is well into the thousands there!

Back
Top Bottom