A question on shorty wetsuit fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melanie White

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am very large breasted
I am a size 4 on bottoms
I am a size 8 on tops
I ordered and got an Aqualung Hydroflex shorty in a size 12
Its tight on the top but closes and everything
But on the bottom the legs are loose a lot
Will this work or not ?
Thanks

It will work but water will easily flow in and out of the loose bottoms which will offset some of the exposure protection- important if you're using it in cooler waters. Otherwise, the loose fitting part of the bottoms is going to be an annoyance at worst.

Unless a moray eel swims in there.

If it fits comfortably on top without being too tight or restrictive, it might be worth having it altered so that the bottom is a better fit. A separate top & bottom might also be a possibility to get the right sizes needed - not sure about finding a top with short sleeves but you can definitely get vests and shorts. Good luck - right-sized women's wetsuits always seem to be a challenge !

Hey Melanie,
the struggle is real... I have a round bum, small waist and big boobs. Plus, I'm short. trying to get a full length wet suit is a nightmare and a half. either legs and arms are too long, or breasts get squished :(
a shorty is somewhat easier, just its really really really baggy.

I use shorts and rash guard for warm water diving. if you're set on wearing a shorty, try get some tight shorts to wear under the wet suit? this might help a bit maybe?

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom