A proposal for a little organization here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a great idea, Chuck. And I really appreciated it when the threads had dates in the titles, Uncle Ricky. I never knew why it stopped (or how the dates got there all of a sudden).

Hope something can be worked out...

I certainly don't have a problem with it. I am not certain that vBulletin supports it, but I will have El Orans look into it.

Chuck, I think that would be great.

in the mean time... we do have sorting (Display) options in the lower left of the forum's main page
under all the threads (Display options, Sorted By = Thread Start Date)

I heartily agree with the idea, although I would very much appreciate it if we'd use the standard "yyyy-mm-dd" format (with dashes, not slashes). It's not subject to the "month/day vs day/month" issue that can crop up.

(Also, if anyone saves a thread, dashed dates are acceptable, whereas slashed dates get all jumbled up.)

I have thought that it's too bad that when you hit New Posts, it shows the date of the last post, but it's too bad it doesn't show the date of the first post as well.
So... what do you think of this new addition... :)

Nice job, El. :D

Nice addition. :D

It does however make it slower to read who started the post, as we have to read the 'Posted by' bit.

What would people think of a 'El Orans, posted on February 17, 2009' format, rather than a 'Posted by El Orans on February 2009' format. I find its nice to have the names first as its easy to scroll down and see who's posting what.

Or is it just me?

Very useful addition all the same.

Cheers,
Rohan.

I would prefer to lose the "posted by" prefix too - it adds clutter, increases the "scan time" and doesn't add any value. The date bit is a useful addition, but I would definitely prefer to lose the "posted by" prefix to the username,

So... what do you think of this new addition... :)
I think it's great!
Personally, I'd shorten the format to "yyyy/mm/dd - Poster" or "Poster - yyyy/mm/dd," (or "yyyy-mm-dd" if folks want dashes) but what you've done is marvelous, and I am grateful :)
Thank you!
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom