A proper memorial for a 4 footed Marine hero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What a horse ... http://www.sgtreckless.com/Reckless/About_Reckless.html
That she would do this most times unaccompanied is amazing

I think having a proper memorial is not too much to ask ... just talk to those Marines that she helped, or saved.

If you think so too, go there and chip in, or just spread the word

All the years I was in the Corps and I never heard about her?

Sounds like she was still a silly filly in off times.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_B
Interesting, since they made a movie about hildalgo, sgt reckless definitley should get one to. I would go see it for sure.

I never knew they made a movie. can i know the name of the movie. Should be inspirational
I don't know how that'd work really. There's always been something special about warriors riding horses, knights on their mounts, cowboys riding theirs, etc - but she was essentially a pack animal, a very special one, but still. The movie might flop. :idk:

I wonder if there were other horses involved in the Korean war? I've never heard of any. Mules might have worked better overall but the Corps got out of livestock early in WWII I think. Good that they were able to buy her locally then, even $250 was a lot of money for Lt.Pedersen to spend out of his own pocket - a sacrifice I am sure he never regretted.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom