A place that rates the liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buster243

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a website, forum, or resource that rates liveaboard dive ships, similar to TripAdvisor? When we plan a dive trip, we always try to gather as much information as possible. It’s easy to find tons of reviews for hotels with dive shops on site, but liveaboard reviews seem scarce and often overly positive. On the big travel sites like Liveaboard.com they don't always post a bad review, so we consider them tainted. While I’ve found some decent reviews here, there just aren’t enough of them. Does anyone know where to find more reliable reviews? Thanks!

Thank you!

Definitely join Undercurrent like @VsubT recommended, but also take a look at the reviews on Liveaboard.com for the boat you're considering.

Definitely join Undercurrent like @VsubT recommended, but also take a look at the reviews on Liveaboard.com for the boat you're considering.
Liveaboard does not post all reviews. I know I've complained on one and it never was posted. We have heard others have had the same thing. So their reviews are skewed.

Liveaboard does not post all reviews. I know I've complained on one and it never was posted. We have heard others have had the same thing. So their reviews are skewed.
Noted! I wonder what they filter out since there are some scathing reviews on there.

Noted! I wonder what they filter out since there are some scathing reviews on there.
You've seen a scathing review on liveaboard.com?!

Is there a website, forum, or resource that rates liveaboard dive ships, similar to TripAdvisor? When we plan a dive trip, we always try to gather as much information as possible. It’s easy to find tons of reviews for hotels with dive shops on site, but liveaboard reviews seem scarce and often overly positive. On the big travel sites like Liveaboard.com they don't always post a bad review, so we consider them tainted. While I’ve found some decent reviews here, there just aren’t enough of them. Does anyone know where to find more reliable reviews? Thanks!

Have you asked for input on any certain boat, here on Scubaboard?

Both parties will take your money and throw you under the bus if there is any issue.
Put you on board first and the trip is commenced. The boat actually never ever left port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom