A nice day at Mermet Springs today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillAllbritten

Contributor
Reaction score
Met Greg (Scubasaurus) from St. Louis. He's a great person to dive with. We did two dives, no chance at photography. Conditions were marginal as the water was still under the influence of recent storms. Viz down to 15 or so was minimal, 5-10', a bit more than one body length. Below 20 it got better, up to 20ish at 50 feet. Temps were in the 70's at the surface, 50F at 50ft at the nose of the 727.

Greg helped me with a weighting issue when wearing the 7mm/hood etc., was able to drop 4 lbs, probably 2 more later.

I had a problem with a light flow of air developing from my Zeagle Octo+ during the second dive. The IP on the 1st stage was okay; fortunately the owner of Midwest Divers Supply of St. Charles, MO (St. Louis area), was there (with students), he's a Zeagle dealer, he adjusted the second stage until the flow stopped. That was fortunate and I'm very grateful for the help, as I'm leaving for Cozumel on the 2nd. He was a great guy.

The weather was great and Mermet topside was, as always, clean, well staffed, and a very friendly place to dive. The visibility should improve over the next few days. Glen is trying to minimize algae growth so as the silt drops out, visibility should be quite good for an inland site.

After a cold winter and a tornado two weeks ago, it was good to get away for the day.

Sounds like you had a good day. Wish I could have made it down this weekend, but I've got gigs all weekend. I'll be there in a few weeks for wreck diving cert dives.
How is Glen going to keep down the algae growth?

Late last summer, things looked really good.

Bill

BillAllbritten once bubbled...
Met Greg (Scubasaurus) from St. Louis. He's a great person to dive with. ...<snip>

Correction: Greg is Diversauras. Scubasauras is a female diver from the Netherlands....

You're right, Greg is a great person all around and has such a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your dives. Dive safe and have fun in Cozumel!

the saurases...

Diversauras once bubbled...
the saurases...

Imagine that. Each emerging from the waters and roaming separate continents...

Sounds to me like a documentary is in order...

Is all the wind/tornado damage cleaned up. I figure it was. I heard they had a doozy storm down there about a month ago...

Around the quarry it'self is cleaned up, but as soon as you get on the road towards Metropolis you can see the broken trees.

mea culpa. Gotta keep my sauruses straight.

DSAO,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom