A Newby Intro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David,

You have got to see a Texas to English dictionary... a few excerpts.

Aig... the small oblong white object people crack and eat at breakfast.

Bayur... a large omnivorous animal that lives in the woods

yawp.... generally considered an affirmative answer

there are many more.

Tom

Originally posted by Dafydd
But now that I'm a little more aware of the opportunities I want my own gear. I'm certainly jumping the gun. But around my house we only buy expensive gifts or toys on Christmas and Birthdays.

Welcome Dafyd! - - Around here - I use the excuse that any job that requires a trip to home depot - also requires that I get a new tool - - - On a similar trend - for some reason, every dive trip requires a trip to the Dive Shop & a new toy! - - A very dangerous trend.

Anyway - strong agreement to the Scouting bias - and to the eternity question [Hmmm - Diving - I like that idea!:)]

Welcome!

Dafydd,
Welcome from NJ.
This is the right place for Scuba info, talk, advice, and an especially strange brand of humor- but I'm sure Texas Mike briefed (warned?) you about all that.
Good luck,
Miked

Hi Kate,
In the past six months or so that I've been asking from time to time you are the second to answer. My wife was first.
Congrats on the recent nuptuals!

Me, I'm loving... My wife first, kids second, then I try to love all others. OK with the exception of bad drivers. But I'll work on it.
When I aquire a husband & some kids I'll move them right to the top of the list. For now there's diving :)

-kate

Originally posted by scubakat
When I aquire a husband & some kids I'll move them right to the top of the list. For now there's diving :)

-kate

Oh so there's still hope for a certain Texas Swamp diver??? :mean:

from the SECOND LARGEST province in the SECOND LARGEST country in the world.............

Ontario, Canada...................................................

Originally posted by TexasMike

Oh so there's still hope for a certain Texas Swamp diver??? :mean:

Of course you'll have to master that drysuit & migrate to the northwest first!

-kate

Drysuit class already scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 2.

migration.....Hmmm....sounds like possible vacation plans...... :mean:

And one of the things I always marveled at while living in Portland is how dark it get's at 5:00 this time of year!

And I miss Pike's Place Ale.

Kate,
There was too much terbidity in my last responce. As far as I'm concerned we have only been married for a very short time. Every day is fantastic with my Huggy (Wife). Some people think twenty years means no longer being "newly weds". I don't. Thanks for the congrats, I'll pass it on to Huggy.
D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom