A new place to dive, never been dived before...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't San Remigio where you go to catch the ferry to Bantayan Island? If so, there's a lot of good things to see up there. But I saw them in the fish market of Bantayan, not while diving. Really made me sad. I don't think there are even MPAs in the area (Malapascua Island is the closest one?). Maybe a dive shop up there would be good to show the fisherman that they would make 3x as much taking divers to and from the sites rather than overfish them. It's a start.

Isn't San Remigio where you go to catch the ferry to Bantayan Island? If so, there's a lot of good things to see up there. But I saw them in the fish market of Bantayan, not while diving. Really made me sad. I don't think there are even MPAs in the area (Malapascua Island is the closest one?). Maybe a dive shop up there would be good to show the fisherman that they would make 3x as much taking divers to and from the sites rather than overfish them. It's a start.

Yes, Hagnaya port.

well, this dive center will be open in 2 weeks, there is no current and it can go deep to 100m and more.
The manager of the shop is a nice guy name Saar, a PADI instructor.
as he told me, it a marine sanctuary that this resort is the only one that got rights to dive the 3 km of the area , as i know the San remigio beach is the longest one in the island, around 8 km.
i will ask him for a link to his photos...

Dan

someone needs to b!tch around- headaches, hot weather, salty water, starving stomach- during surface interval so i nominate me, too.

:D

seriously, dan, a team from the PPD for a complimentary, exploratory diving at that resort will boost that resort's business. no kidding.

that, is of course, if the diving turns out as superb as it sounds.

The resort looks OK. Kind of a party place?

Further, I think one of us should be asked to go on an exploratory mission there, complimentary of course. We need to check out the mantas and sharks as jigo says. If they are really there, I for one would be amazed. I nominate me...:D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

dennis needs a backup photographer...i also nominate me :D

dennis and jon need some strapping young lad to carry dive and camera gear... as well as a qualified rescue diver to make sure nothing untoward happens... i nominate me!

Jag

...and of course we need to assess the technical diving possibilities in the area... and I happen to be available that week... I'm in :D

ps, who decides what's written under our names?..mine's f'ing boring and I would like to request a change...please...Kap can you fix it for me?

cue MV with suggestions..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom