A New Force Fin Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN,
After some discussion with F.F. today, I am leaning toward get a pair of Hockeys to use.

Is the Black material of the Hockeys stiffer than say the smoke material that would be used ? ...and is the smoke material used in Hockeys the same as what is used for the Tan Deltas ?

I've owned the Tan Deltas and just don't feel they are stiff enough for this application.

Regards,
Bob C.
USA/USN Retired

Bob C.,
Thanks for the sharing the photos they are great. I think between our emails and your posts on SCUBABOARD we have found the right fin for you and that is the Hockey Force Fin XXL Smoke Black with a bungie heel strap. Force Fin is using a New Tan Delta Material for select models and the Hockey Force Fin is one of them. If you are looking for a powerful fin this the fin for you.
Look forward to talking with you later in the day.

Blair

I think you need to post the video I sent you of me using the Hockey Fins - I think that it would show how the fin performs.

PS - Any chance of my getting my Yellow pair when you make the next run????

Not going to go into the dropped over and well .....

At my age that is not a funny joke. :wink::wink::wink:

But getting a pair of yellow, just slightly softer - now that sounds like a dream come true. :yeahbaby:

I guess I'll get to try them out in May in Cozumel - should be a great test playing in the current.
I will be able to compare them to the pair of Hockey Fins that I now have and will dive with in Coz next week. :)

Thanks Bob

Blair and Bob,
Great discussion and to me after some thought and a few additional PM's between TN and I, that the Hockeys are the way to go.

They do need to be stiffer than Tan Deltas but not leg breakingly so...... :wink:

Yea, gotta go with Smoke, gotta be a little bit unique, in XXL with Bungies. Don't even bother wasting time putting the standard straps on.

Anyone reading this, it's just amazing that we, the consumers, can have direct conversations with the MFG in our desires for our dive equipment. No Way this would even come close to happening with any other Brand.

Here's a quick shot of us training at Blue Grotto in Florida.

P1010629.jpg

this is awesome, I've been away from the board for a while, but its cool to see that the Hockey fin is starting to gain some momentum, even if it is in the diving world and not the underwater hockey world. If only we had a ML and L size of the fin for barefoot use

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom