A new diver in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdo_travel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all. I am new to scuba, and to Scuba Board (although I have already got some useful information while lurking). I am from the UK but currently living in the Philippines, and am lucky enough to have quite a bit of time for diving.

I got my PADI Open Water in Boracay at the end of January, and just did my AOW in Puerto Galera. So far, I'm a big fan of drift dives (the Manta Bowl near Donsol was maybe a bit much for my experience level, although that was also down to faulty equipment - another story...) and walls. Apo Island was great in that respect. I've also dived recently in Siquijor, Padre Burgos, Moalboal and Panglao.

This is my first post, but I look forward to making plenty more as I continue to dive.

Welcome to the site and as you already found out there is lots of great info on here.. Once again welcome to the site and to your new world of diving.

Welcome to the Board. Such a shame you have to begin your diving career in the Philippines... may be downhill from there!

Thanks for the welcome. I agree that the Philippines have set a pretty high standard. Maybe I should just quit while I am ahead?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom