A great fellow Swamper needs your prayers and thoughts!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, sorry it's been a while. Still "parked" at Baylor Dallas until my white blood cell count comes up (white cells = your immune system). Monday the 14th they started daily injections of Neupogen to kind of kick-start the process, once that comes up he'll release me to go home for about 2 or 3 weeks.
Feeling great, knowing that a lot of it has to do with people praying for me which I am deeply grateful for.
The good news is my transplant doc came in last night, we have a set date for the stem cell transplant!!! July 19th/20th with getting admitted about 1 week prior for chemo and radiation prior to the actual transplant. My family and I are totally elated we have a definite date ahead of us and are looking forward to getting this all behind us so we can get back to "life" (and me diving again.....sure do miss it and the camaraderie).
Thanks again for all the well wishes, prayers and notes y'all post here, we really appreciate it!
As I said in my blog on FB- God is still in control and will see us thru this!
God bless y'all
Harry

Harry,

This note from you sounds SO positive in all ways!!!!! There are a lot of folks watching this thread and praying for you and your family. You must be one heck of a strong dude to hang in there, I know a bit of what it takes, and you got it!!!

I am praying and thinking of the day when you beat this gremlin for good!!!

If you need anything just write me a PM.

THANKS for the note and I am only thinking and praying positive thoughts for you and your's.

:) Alan K.

Another update:
Howdy fellow divers! MAN DO I MISS DIVING!
I've been out of Baylor for 3 weeks now, had another hip drilling last week (bone marrow biopsy, this makes 6) and went to see the doc this past Monday to sign the consent papers for the stem cell transplant......I'm looking forward to this next phase of my life but was a bit dismayed when he told me that the leukemia cells were back even after this last round of chemo. He said we're too close to the transplant date to change it now so the plan is the same, I re-admit to Baylor today, start 4 days of chemo tomorrow, then 5 radiation treatments over 2.5 days and the actual transplant on Wed the 21st. So, while it seems gloomy because the bully is back (Dr's words) yet I remain positive that this next phase will totally eliminate this leukemia once and for all. He said what the chemo misses, the radiation should kill since it goes through a person. If by chance it misses any cells, the stem cell transplant will literally hunt any cells down and kill them.
Appreciate all the well wishers and prayers, please keep on as Pat and I go into this (hopefully final) stage in getting on the road to recovery and wellness.
Thanks all!
Happy and SAFE diving

God bless you Harry! I know what you are going through. I am a cancer survivor and my daughter has breast cancer now (second time ... first time four years ago), so we are gearing up for whatever treatments needed after we get the pathology reports in.

My prayers are with you and yours ....

Harry, I hope all is going as planned and you are in good spirits....WE all are thinking of you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom