A great fellow Swamper needs your prayers and thoughts!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry,
May God grant your medical caregivers wisdom and skill, may He give you peace and calm through the storm, may He bolster and strengthen your family through this time, and may He speed your full and complete recovery. Amen

Bless you, Harry, and thank you, Alan, for keeping us posted and updated.

Harry,
May God grant your medical caregivers wisdom and skill, may He give you peace and calm through the storm, may He bolster and strengthen your family through this time, and may He speed your full and complete recovery. Amen

Bless you, Harry, and thank you, Alan, for keeping us posted and updated.

just saw this thread. i shall lift you to the throne room of God as well. be blessed mightily and in the name of Jesus!

As I gear up for another hospital stay I thought I'd take a moment and post an update.
Last Monday I got a call from my transplant doctor's nurse: the doc wanted to see me about the last bone marrow biopsy I had. Rut-roh......I've had a "few" done now and never called in for a consult. So Tuesday we went in to see him in Dallas....apparently the leukemia I have has become resistant to the Cytarabine chemo that's been used on me and is growing back. So, this puts the transplant on hold otherwise a cure rate is only 30%.
This Tuesday (the 1st) I get admitted to Baylor Dallas for a min two week stay to get chemo again, but this is a relatively new chemo that's supposed to be pretty aggressive against leukemia. Then I get to come home for maybe two weeks, then readmitted first of July for the 30 day stay for the transplant which starts off with more chemo and radiation, then the transplant, the recovery period.
I KNOW God's in control and all this is happening for a reason, but I know it'll be to His glory that I come out of this healed. I'm really looking forward to getting this behind me and getting on with life and getting back to work. Not quite ready to go "home" yet as I have 5 grandkids that I want to help raise and etc.
Wanted to update y'all and THANK YOU for the prayers thus far, I can see a difference and trust you'll continue intercessions as the Lord sees fit.

Thank you for your support as well!!
Harry

May the lord buddha watch over and guide you on your journey. May his light shine on you and your family and guide those who would help you. May you find the power of the one God in your heart.

dw

Harry, I am so sorry to hear the set back, but things are going to get better.

I have been through a lot, so I have some feel/understanding for you and your set back.

Harry you are in our prayers each day, God will watch over you and your strong family.

Hang tough brother!

Alan

Still praying, Harry. God Bless.

As I gear up for another hospital stay I thought I'd take a moment and post an update.
Last Monday I got a call from my transplant doctor's nurse: the doc wanted to see me about the last bone marrow biopsy I had. Rut-roh......I've had a "few" done now and never called in for a consult. So Tuesday we went in to see him in Dallas....apparently the leukemia I have has become resistant to the Cytarabine chemo that's been used on me and is growing back. So, this puts the transplant on hold otherwise a cure rate is only 30%.
This Tuesday (the 1st) I get admitted to Baylor Dallas for a min two week stay to get chemo again, but this is a relatively new chemo that's supposed to be pretty aggressive against leukemia. Then I get to come home for maybe two weeks, then readmitted first of July for the 30 day stay for the transplant which starts off with more chemo and radiation, then the transplant, the recovery period.
I KNOW God's in control and all this is happening for a reason, but I know it'll be to His glory that I come out of this healed. I'm really looking forward to getting this behind me and getting on with life and getting back to work. Not quite ready to go "home" yet as I have 5 grandkids that I want to help raise and etc.
Wanted to update y'all and THANK YOU for the prayers thus far, I can see a difference and trust you'll continue intercessions as the Lord sees fit.

Thank you for your support as well!!
Harry

Lifting you up

:D

Hi Harry, I've been awol a lot so Im just now seeing this news. So very sorry you are sick, and I join my brothers & sisters in lifting you up in prayer and praying for complete healing, quickly! I do believe in miracles, and I'm praying for one for you. I remember meeting you at CSSP once, and I remember what a great guy you are! You have had some great life experiences, and have some very interesting tales. We were set up by the airplane, if I recall correctly. Am glad to hear from you again, although I am sorry for the circumstance. I am impressed by your wonderful attitude. Keep it up, you have lots of dives to make yet!!

Harry, I hope things are going well in your hospital stay....GREAT hospital.....one of my sons had open heart valve replacement surgery there a few years back, he is doing fine!!!!!

Just letting you know your in my thoughts/prayers.

Hi Harry, I've been awol a lot so Im just now seeing this news. So very sorry you are sick, and I join my brothers & sisters in lifting you up in prayer and praying for complete healing, quickly! I do believe in miracles, and I'm praying for one for you. I remember meeting you at CSSP once, and I remember what a great guy you are! You have had some great life experiences, and have some very interesting tales. We were set up by the airplane, if I recall correctly. Am glad to hear from you again, although I am sorry for the circumstance. I am impressed by your wonderful attitude. Keep it up, you have lots of dives to make yet!!

Me too, I believe in miracles. Praying for you Harry for a nice quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom