A great day at Bonne Terre Mine's Treasure Hunt: 2010, sponsored by Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as you can see I would highly recommend the Maya Palms Resort.

Yeah I got to dive the site they named in the Scuba Diver magazine article.

Just come to the Treasure Hunt next year and try you luck in the contest. I'm planning on going back again for another go.

Make sure to overweight yourself so you sink faster. Make sure you practice equalizing so that again you can sink fast and safely. On most of my dives I had about 30 to 45 seconds of free range before other divers got to the bottom. That's a lot of time when your looking for chips against other divers. And finally poker chips like to hide under rocks. Those are the only tips I have, and they have served me well the last two years.

I just got back from Deep Blue Resort on Utila for a week of diving which I won at the Treasure Hunt Dive this past June. A big thanks to the staff at West End Diving and Bonne Terre Mines for hosting the Treasure Hunt dives, Scubaboard for sponsoring the event, and of course the vendors who support the event. The Deep Blue Resort staff were great, I brought my 17 year old nephew along for his first dives out of OW class and logged just over 17 hours underwater for the week. Steve, the owner of Deep Blue Resort, and all of the staff did a great job of making the week a dive trip to remember. The staff was very accomodating, good food, comfortable accomodations, and good diving opportunities. The DM, Marla, and the boat captain, Swin, went out of their way to find us some great dive sites and good visibility, which Hurricane Richard made a challenge. I just wanted to say thanks to all who made this trip possible as I was clearly the beneficiary of a lot of people's hard work and dedication to sport/hobby of scuba diving as this trip was potentially a once in a lifetime trip for myself and my nephew.

BONNE TERRE MINE’S $30,000 TREASURE HUNT
June 4, 2011
This is truly a “Treasure Hunt”. We have over $15,000 in donated products and over $15,000 in donated trips.
When you check in, you’ll receive an auction book, which details all the products and trips that have been donated and the auction order.
You’ll dive twice and search in 4 different areas for colored tokens. Between dives vendors are waiting to show you their latest and greatest products and dive destinations. We have several games to play and divers from all over the country to share your dive stories with. We count your tokens after each dive (Dark tokens are worth more than light colored tokens) and give you your auction card after your second dive. You'll use your “auction card” to bid on donated products and trips during the auction. (No cash allowed)
After the last group exits the mine and grabs a bite to eat, we’ll start the auction.

The Treasure Hunt Package includes 2 dives, an event tee shirt, dinner and all the TREASURE YOU WIN! We also have special trail prices for those that can stay on Sunday June 5, 2011.
We hope you'll join us in the Biggest Treasure Hunt in the industry. Click here for more event and donation details. Bonne Terre Mine Treasure Hunt - Donor Prizes
Participation is limited. Call now to reserve your spot.
West End Diving
888-843-3483
Bonne Terre Mine is located in MO. less than 1 hour from St. Louis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom