A GoPro Voyage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video!

Did you make it to Lombok? At least you weren’t there when the earthquake hit.

How does the liveaboard compare to that of Maldives?

Nice video!
Thanks.

Did you make it to Lombok? At least you weren’t there when the earthquake hit.
Did not plan to dive Lombok on the last trip. Was in Lembongan before heading to Komodo.

How does the liveaboard compare to that of Maldives?
Absolutely different. Maldivian LOBs are usually 2 boats. The mother ship is where you eat, sleep and relax. Diving is from the second boat (the dive dhoni), where dive gear and compressors are kept. The dive dhoni is smaller than the mother ship and has a shallower draft, therefore it can navigate closer to reefs to drop and pick up divers. The dive dhoni also acts as a lifeboat in case of need. I'd say that there is more elbow room on Maldivian LOBs.

Nice!

Another question:
My Hero 6 battery drains pretty fast while it is in off position. What’s going on there?
I think there are a couple features such as bluetooth and wifi connectivity that might remain active to some degree. I don't really have that problem with my hero6, but I'm pretty sure you can connect to the hero6 and turn it on/control it while it is off (or really, standby).

I think there are a couple features such as bluetooth and wifi connectivity that might remain active to some degree. I don't really have that problem with my hero6, but I'm pretty sure you can connect to the hero6 and turn it on/control it while it is off (or really, standby).

I thought I turned off both Bluetooth & Wifi connectivity. How do you insure that they are turned off?

Back
Top Bottom