a good deal? Need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is it a good deal?

2 tanks PST Scuba,
Yoke valve, DIN compatible
Steel 80ft³, 3442 PSI

Bought in summer 2004
serviced each year

500$

Sold for medecal reason

That price is average for used 80 cf tanks. Maybe it has a thin market, but the steel 80 has always sold at a discount to the 100. These are the new type with 3/4 neck and that is a plus. I assume that you are cognizant of the various opinions on the 80. I mean, tall divers have complained about "balance" and so forth. However, they are a compact package which is appreciated by some divers including any number of women. A drysuit diver might want to go with the extremely heavy, 100 cf (3180 +) tank made by Faber. However, it is not hot dip galvanized like the PST.

I would buy new ones for that price,400 or lower would be about right.factor in new hydros and vis inspections to the used ones also.

Is it a good deal?

2 tanks PST Scuba,
Yoke valve, DIN compatible
Steel 80ft³, 3442 PSI

Bought in summer 2004
serviced each year

500$

Sold for medecal reason
Well, don’t know what new ones are now but I got 2 new HP Steel PST E80’s DIN or Yoke (Thermo Valve switcheroos) 3 years ago for $415 shipped to Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom