A fully DIR question, GUE actually

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience is that our "local" shops tend not to check for nitrox, whereas resort locations do ask for it.

Yes, the use of Nitrox is covered for GUEF. Now whether or not a LDS will accept a fundies card that lists Nitrox to get fills could be a problem. The recreational pass for GUEF does not list Nitrox on the card, at least mine didn't. The tech pass does list Nitrox.

It doesn't have anything to do with Rec vs. Tech pass.
Probably a coffee shortage either while your instructor filled out the evaluation or when the card was printed. :wink:

Fredrik

It doesn't have anything to do with Rec vs. Tech pass.
Probably a coffee shortage either while your instructor filled out the evaluation or when the card was printed. :wink:

Fredrik

Quite possible. :)

My experience is that our "local" shops tend not to check for nitrox, whereas resort locations do ask for it.

This has been my experience too (in SE Asia and Australia). I carry my relatively ancient TDI "Basic Nitrox" card just in case.

Well it's been awhile since I've logged on, but thanks to everyone for confirming that it is covered. I shouldn't have a problem with my LDS anyway, they've got a lot of GUE trained divers there.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom