A fitting repast...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERP once bubbled...

Of course your right, I should have been more careful in my preparation, it was lucky that we caught the fish, had I had to eat my sandwich I would have been totally unaware of the cheese content and could have suffered a nasty case of lactose intollerance (or as it's often refered to cheese tox). :eek:ut:
That and once Pug saw your unmarked sandwiches he would have mumbled "stroke" under his breath, exercised option #1 on the lunch, and then starved to death before you made it back to the dock. Thank goodness you guys got the fish...

ERP once bubbled...
Of course UP fails to mention me stashing the spear, where it would get knocked overboard while we were eating.

So Dive No 2. had a different hunting objective, find the spear pole :p

You didn't finish, did you find the spear? or does UP have to use a sharpened bamboo pole from now on. :D

With the pole rubbers busted and the pole lost, it sounds to me like the doubters who enjoyed that quillback need to buy a certain boat owner a new spear.

Sounds like a lot of fun. We've never cooked a fish on my boat. We're usually alternating teams and running around to the next drop.

As far as losing a pole, don't feel bad. About three months ago I dropped down on a reef. I was shooting well that day and ready to tear it up. I saw a snapper about 15 feet from the bottom, still in my descent. Bam! Stone him. Complete the descent, string him, and ready for the next. Uh, where's the speargun? I forgot to run my arm throgh the bands to keep it by me (I was freeshafting, and that gun, unlike the one I normally use, turns positive once the shaft is deployed). There I am, 90 ft down, and my gun on the surface. Never found it. $500 mistake. Man, did I feel like a moron.

Actually the pole was located on the second dive. We split up intotwo buddy teams to find it, myself and Chris who had conspired to knock it overboard, UP and Shane who met the challenge and located it in the less than ideal vis.

Cooking the fish on the boat was an inspired idea, definitely something that I hope to convince UP to do again.

how does potato salad induced methane compare to argon or air as a drysuit inflation gas .
joens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom