A few questions about the Bauer DMT-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allan C Smith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello and thanks in advanced for the always great knowledge in advanced.

I was wondering about how often I should Purge a Bauer DMT-10. Currently I have been purging after every tank, so about 10 min, but can I go longer?

How often should one change the oil on this baby?

We use the P31 cartridges which are rated for 11'700 cf under Ideal conditions but I'm thinking this number should be reduced quite a bit for middle of the day Caribbean conditions. Any suggestions on a more reasonable expectation of filter life?

Finally whats the best way to take a course on compressor maintenance? Is there an online option as flights to any where tend to cost a lot down here.

Thanks Again.

Draining condensate is usually done at 15-20 minute intervals. Bauer has a sheet to confuse you, err I mean help you adjusting usage based on "standard inlet conditions". Basically it would have to be 53 F ambient to achieve these conditions. In a 90 F ambient temp, the filter will deliver a maximum of 43% rated capacity.

Draining condensate is usually done at 15-20 minute intervals. Bauer has a sheet to confuse you, err I mean help you adjusting usage based on "standard inlet conditions". Basically it would have to be 53 F ambient to achieve these conditions. In a 90 F ambient temp, the filter will deliver a maximum of 43% rated capacity.

Awesome thanks a lot Craig. Is there a good spot online to score a Manuel?

If you use a search engine and turn up nothing, you will have to seek out someone who has a manual. Try August Industries in Texas. Porter has been around a long time and may have a copy in his library.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom