A few Pics from Backside of Santa Cruz Island 12.16.17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trailboss123

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Water temps definitely cooling off at around 52 degrees yesterday. Still getting accustomed to my Sea Life DC2000. Great visibility yesterday of 30-55 feet and nice blue water overall. Healthy kelp at Heart Attack reef.

upload_2017-12-17_7-9-54.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-10-15.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-10-43.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-11-14.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-11-42.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-12-13.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-12-35.png

upload_2017-12-17_7-13-26.png

@MaxBottomtime - Does that look like 2 Blue Dorids to you- possibly mating? or just 1?
That was a very difficult shot. Was hanging upside down underneath a ledge and about arms length back in there.

It's the skirt lifted on one. There is only one set of rhinophores and one set of gills. Like all nudibranchs, they mate side by side with their reproductive organs on their right side facing each other. Sometimes you can find them in large numbers. Currently they are appearing in the swimthrough at Shaw's Cove. I've found several at Haggerty's as well.
Haggertys14_zps294ecfbe.jpg

It's the skirt lifted on one. There is only one set of rhinophores and one set of gills. Like all nudibranchs, they mate side by side with their reproductive organs on their right side facing each other. Sometimes you can find them in large numbers. Currently they are appearing in the swimthrough at Shaw's Cove. I've found several at Haggerty's as well.
View attachment 438916
Thanks! After seeing Dr. Bill's post on Nudi's today, I realized it was just one. Thanks for the additional info!

You certainly have a good eye for color, contrasting back ground and composition, (only two with border merging,)

I commend you for following the photographers creed;
"Show only your best for you will either be judged and remembered by your best -- or your worst "

You certainly followed that creed and displayed some great photographs for all to see and admire

Thank you fro sharing

SAM

You certainly have a good eye for color, contrasting back ground and composition, (only two with border merging,)

I commend you for following the photographers creed;
"Show only your best for you will either be judged and remembered by your best -- or your worst "

You certainly followed that creed and displayed some great photographs for all to see and admire

Thank you fro sharing

SAM
Thanks @Sam Miller III - I appreciate your encouragement!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom