a few little things ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Spent the better part of this week-end teaching an OW class. So this afternoon ... after wrapping up the class most satisfactorily ... I decided to treat myself to a bit of solitude. So I went home, unloaded my class gear, grabbed my camera and my buddy AL, and headed down to Redondo.

There was a northwesterly wind today ... and the blustery weather had stirred things up a bit ... not to mention making the entry look more like California than Puget Sound. But once I'd dropped down below 20 feet or so, it cleared up nicely. I made my way down to the bottle field, played around down there for about a half-hour, then made my way slowly back upslope. Altogether, a 66 minute dive.

Being alone has one advantage ... I get to really focus on the small stuff. Here's some of my favorite shots from the dive ...

Tiny juvenile grunt sculpin ... I'm pleased with the detail on this one ...
CIMG8903.jpg

Couple shots of a tiny octo I followed around in the bottle field for several minutes ...
CIMG8909.jpg

CIMG8913.jpg

On the way back upslope, at about 70 feet, I noticed a pair of tiny purple eyes peeking at me from behind a rock ...
CIMG8918.jpg

Made my way upslope a little further, and took a side trip to go say hello to a tiny mosshead warbonnet I've been watching for a couple months now ...
CIMG8922.jpg

Then, under the culvert, I ran into a couple friends ...
CIMG8932.jpg

... and a commune ...
CIMG8937.jpg

Finally, on my safety stop, this little fellow caught my eye ... and I caught his ...
CIMG8954.jpg

Overall a lovely, relaxing way to wrap up the week-end ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:clapping:

i liked #1 because its so unusal but the purple cuttle fish is my fav

but the "commune" pic just feaked me out... do you think they were talking aboot you??

A few more little things ... taken Halloween night at the same dive site ...

A bay pipefish ... the first red one I've ever seen ...
CIMG9035a.jpg

Getting "the stare" from a tiny stubby squid ...
CIMG8994.jpg

A grunt sculpin, all decked out in Halloween colors ...
CIMG9041.jpg

Ohmigod ... GHOULS!
CIMG9043.jpg

A stiletto shrimp ... doing his best "invisible man" imitation ...
CIMG9059.jpg

A Halloween buoquet ... er, tubeworm ...
CIMG9061.jpg

Dendronotis rufus ... a.k.a. "Cousin Itt" ...
CIMG9066.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's amazing how much is at Redondo every time I go. Great site with such easy access.

Another one ... this is from the boundary rope separating Coves 2 and 3 from the fishing pier. This is the rope at about 100 fsw ... roughly running across in front of the fishing pier. Now that the weather's turning nasty, there's not much fishing going on, so my buddy and I decided to check it out last night ...

CIMG9074.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom