A Few Key Largo Pictures 2-1-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65:
Awhhhhhh the Duane..that brings memories for me getting lost at sea while diving the Duane last yr. Awhhhhhhhh! :)

I love diving the Duane. We dove her right before Christmas. No current, great visibility. It was a blast to descend down on the wreck and have it come alive right before you!!

Bummer about your navigation skills.......:D :1poke:

justleesa:
Cool link :D thanks for that! BTW, lucky friends you have:wink:

It has the depths like our Sea Tiger, we just don't have to fight with current there.

There is one wreck here that was sunk 5 years prior to the Duane and is pretty much falling apart. How would you say the Duane is holding up?

I'd say that the Duane is in great condition.

Dived the Eagle today... No current... 65 - 70' of viz... it was GREAT.

Off the topic a bit - what type of wetsuit were you comfortable in? Think a 3/2 with boots and tropical gloves and a beanie would do it for a girl who likes it really warm?

erdoc1:
Off the topic a bit - what type of wetsuit were you comfortable in? Think a 3/2 with boots and tropical gloves and a beanie would do it for a girl who likes it really warm?
Personally... I dive dry now. I have dived 26 times so far in 2006 though...

My friends from Colorado, I told them to bring their 7's... they were happy they did. Even they felt chilled after our 16th dive for the week.

erdoc1:

I'm afraid not ma'am. Most girls that like it warm are diving in 7mm with hoods or drysuits. The water temp is around 72 degrees.
I wish I could have joined you guys Howard! On the bright side, the toilet is working like a champ.

Scubakevdm:
I'm afraid not ma'am. Most girls that like it warm are diving in 7mm with hoods or drysuits. The water temp is around 72 degrees.
I wish I could have joined you guys Howard! On the bright side, the toilet is working like a champ.

Great, you get it fixed after I dive with you. On the bright side, it should be working when I dive next week!

P.S. I got spanked by my chiropractor for jumping in and coming out on my own Wednesday. Guess it's back to wimpy diving for a while longer.

At least your boat has a toilet kev... I couldn't say the same for the boat that we were on in the Keys... With it's top speed of 10 kts, and no toilet... They are nice people though. :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing. I cant wait to get down to the Keys (for the 4th time)

Beautiful. I was in the Keys last week for a meeting. We were there for 4 days, almost all meetings. I was scheduled to dive the wreck of the Thunderbolt, but it was cancelled due to winds. After dragging my camera gear down, I was a bit disapointed. At least I got to do a dolphin experience instead.

Back
Top Bottom